Thursday, October 26, 2006

Our Story

The 'coming to be' of our little family was not anticipated by anyone, especially the two of us. We were co-workers and were friendly at work, but didn't really have much in common. I, with the upbringing that I had couldn't really identify with the concept of homosexuality, but I was immensly intrigued by it. She was involved with 2 women at the time and we (her co-workers and friends) watched the struggle she had to reconcile her feelings with these 2 very different women. It was not easy to watch.

I was also involved in a disfunctional relationship. I was seeing a guy who kept me around for 9 years for the convenience of it. NINE years!! What was I thinking?

Anyway, we joined forces to make our prospective partners realize what they would be missing if they didn't have us. That backfired! We ended up falling in love and here we are 3 years later; we've purchased the house in the suburbs, the 2nd vehicle and are now trying to make the kid. Who knew this would be the hard part?

1 comment:

battynurse said...

That's a very neat story of how you met. Thanks for sharing.