Wednesday, November 08, 2006

It's a beautiful morning.......

Well, we did it!! The Democrats have the House and we will have a our first female Speaker. It really looks like we will have the Senate as well.

I personally thank everyone who went out and voted.

Like I said previously, voting is an emotional thing for me. I love it, but find myself a little bit emotional afterwards. I actually teared up this time walking to my car. I think it's a combination of appreciating the democracy and sad that it doesn't always work or go my way. :) It also crosses my mind that there are some things that really shouldn't be put to a vote, like same-sex marriage. Why should strangers get to decide if I can get married? I don't remember deciding for them. And, if they want traditional marriage, a lot of people who are married today would need to get anullments! Kudos to Arizona for rejecting the amendment to ban gay marriage. (I have a bit of a soapbox tendancy about some issues; forgive me)

Look out America; this is only the beginning!!

No comments: