Sitting in her hospital room this morning, listening to the Dr. ask if she has a directive...if she wants life-support I was hit with the reality that this could really be it.
I am so thankful for the relationship that I have with my mother. Sure, we have our moments, but I know she is someone I could tell anything to and she would understand. I know that she loves me unconditionally and shows that same love to my sisters even though she disagrees with how they have cut me from their lives.
My Grandmother told me the other day that my Mother told her that I was her best friend and she felt very close to me. That meant a lot and if this does happen to be 'it' for my mother, I will always be thankful that she shared that with me.
My Mother has and always will be ......the wind beneath my wings.
4 comments:
You made me cry and want to call my mother (who I might mention I don’t get a long with) I think it’s sweet what you all say about each other. I hope she is doing better.
-C
I'm sorry about your mom. I hope she starts to get better soon.
Sjayne,
First of all you have my prayers for you & your Mom right now. I can certainly understand as I have sat where you are more than once with my mother in the ICU ward. In her cases she has beat the Doctors predictions each time.(Thank God) I am also my Mother's power of Atty even over my dad because we are so close. It isn't easy to be on your side...so much you want to say but how & then you think it won't be enough anyway. Let me say this...in my opinion sometimes our hearts & souls say so much more to our cherished ones than our lips ever could. You mother knows YOU and she must know how you feel about her. What a blessing that is.:) Hugs my dear!
I am so sorry to hear about your mom being ill. You are a very sweet and caring daughter for being right by her side. It isn't easy and always remember to take care of yourself. Take care Sjayne...
Post a Comment