Well, Cylie and I went to visit the neighbors with dogs today. It's also where Elliot lives (her little boyfriend). It's about 4 houses down from ours so we walked; she was a big girl and walked the whole way. When we got to the house, she boldly went to the door to knock. It seems that Elliot's dad had failed to completely close the front door so the little bit of pressure that Cylie made to the door caused it to open and the dogs (2 pretty large Irish Setters) came running full charge with their alerts on barking as loudly as they could with their parents close on their heels. Well, this put Cylie into super freak mode; I swear she made it from the ground into my arms in one movement and it took her about half a second to do it. I was afraid that that was it for the whole 'meeting the dogs' idea, but she finally warmed up to them. Turns out they are great, really calm dogs and they let the kids woller (not sure how that's spelled, but you Southerners will know what I mean!) all over them.
All in all....it was a great day! And......I may start keeping Elliot during the day as well. His mom is a nurse and right now she pulls 2 doubles on the weekend and she is considering going to a full-time day shift. Way cool; he's a great playmate for Cylie.
As for Cylie; I LOVE spending my days with her and we have LOTS of fun, but she's giving me quite the workout. We play on the exercise ball and we dance everyday. I may get in some kind of shape after all. I'm tired though; my stamina's not what it used to be. I don't know how I will be when I have 2 or 3 of them running around. Although, I think part of what makes me so tired with Cylie is that she insists on being WITH me all the time. My new theme song is "Me and my shadow!" She's on my lap right now having her evening bottle. So, here I am typing with a 26 pound almost 1-year old all snuggled in.
OH, and I really want to go here: Pigeon Forge cabin rental. Isn't it gorgeous? It's not too far from where my best friend and my godson live. Maybe we will plan a babymoon before the baby gets here. What do you guys think?
2 comments:
oooh we don't live too far from those cabins!!! About 4 hours... it is awesome there! Enjoy if you guys go!!! Sounds like a great idea!
that's pretty good that cylie warmed up to the dogs after that. My dog loves to jump on people and she once jumped on a neighbor kid and he would never have anything to do with her again.
Post a Comment