Monday, July 23, 2007

Bragging.........

I thought some of you might be interested in what Cylie can do. She turned a year old on July 8th and she can...........

...tell you what a cow says (granted it sounds like a weird sick cow, but still a cow)
...tell you what an elephant says if you do it first
...give the sign for drink (although she uses the 'milk' sign for any drink)
...grunt when you ask for a big hug (adorable!!)
...use the following signs correctly: more, dog, fan, mouse, eat, duck, I Love You
...use the following signs sometimes and somewhat correctly: baby, banana. bath
...give lots of kisses and raspberries
...get the nearest purse or bag and go to the front door if you ask her if she wants to go
...go find the mouse (stuffed Mickey) even if it takes her several minutes (we use this when we need her to be busy for a minute; it has worked every time; she has never came back without the mouse)

Here's a few things she does that I cannot seem to get her to not do:

Bring me all of the picture frames in the living room one at a time (she doesn't really bother too much of the other stuff, just the pictures)

More the bar stools all over the dining room (this isn't a big deal except that they make a horrible sound).

Pull the drawers under the coffee table.

And.....she's obsessed with the toilet; if she hears it flush, she comes running trying to get her hands in it.

I'm sure there's more, but these are my favorites.

I did have a moment of some satisfaction from her mother the other day. Usually, if I mention something that she's doing that we've been working on here, they (Liz'mom and sister) will say, 'Yeah,we've been working on that'........they do this almost EVERY time. It infuriates me, although it's become somewhat funny and a bit of a game for me and Liz. Anyway, Catrina (Cylie's mom) was here and said that someone at her job has a baby a little older than Cylie and made the comment that she doesn't do half the things that Cylie can. Catrina told her that it's because she spends all day with me and I work with her all day. That made me feel somewhat better.

5 comments:

Holly said...

What a big girl!
I laughed about the toilet thing. There will be many, many things that adults will wish she doesn't do, but as long as they're cute and funny, it's okay, right?!?!? LOL!

Dee said...

She's so dang adorable!

Unknown said...

I am glad you got credit from Cylie's mom... it sounds like you for sure deserve it! I love the one where she grabs the purse or bag and runs to the door.. that is so cute!!!! She sounds like so it growing up!!!

amy said...

Hey girl, Email me your email address and I will put you on the list of invited readers!! my email is genacie1@yahoo.com. Thanks, Amy

Jen said...

Sounds like you must be a great influence on little Cylie! What a cutie pie!