I know it's not a topic that most people want to talk about, but let's get real people........how long does it really take to make your house look half-way decent. I recently went to the home of a childhood friend who had a licensed child-care home (the same as I am in the process of doing) and has had for about 10 years or so. She's giving it up and I wanted to see if there was anything I could use. This home was disgusting! There was not a space in the floor that was not covered with dirty clothes or trash and on her front door was a little sign that said "This is a 4-star home". I cannot believe that!!! Her front yard was full of dog feces as well and the smell was horrible. I would not even consider leaving my dog in her care let alone my child. I'm not sure I really want any of the stuff at this point; if so, I will really have to do some major cleaning and disinfecting before it comes in my home.
Now, speaking of, mine is no luxury home or anything, but it is very nice and we like to keep it clean. Liz is a bit more obsessive about it than I am, but she's anal and a little OCD; I'm not. That said, I do like it clean and find that I've let quite a few things go now that Cylie is here during the day and a lot of the evenings.
How do I find the time for the 'not-so-everyday' chores? It's been a long time since the baseboards, windows, ceiling fan blades, top of refrigerator, etc. were cleaned. Do I hire someone to come in once a month for that? What do you guys do?
1 comment:
If you can't see the dust from where you are standing/sitting, it doesn't exist. Therefore there is no need to clean the ceiling fan blades, top of refrigerator etc. hehe. I'm not very good at housecleaning and would love to hire someone but have never been able to afford it. I however am not a slob, I try to keep things uncluttered and all but stuff like dusting really doesn't get done with any regularity.
Post a Comment