Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It's been a little while, huh?

I know I haven't posted in a little while, but we've been so busy. We're getting the house ready for day-care. I'm really excited! The paperwork has been sent in, so we are just waiting for our home study. We've decided to move our home/business office to the bedroom; it's plenty big enough even after we add the bassinet for the baby. We will turn the current office into our childs room with a few extra beds as needed for the 'sleep' room, and the current 'baby' room will be the play room. I'll post some pictures when we're all done.

It's certainly not the perfect picture I'd always dreamed about for our child, but we are trying to make lemonade with our lemons.

We have enough money (supplemented by day-care and cakes) to allow Liz to remain unemployed for the remainder of the year (we hope!). We have applied for SoonerCare, which is a state sponsored program to assist children and pregnant women with medical needs. This will allow us to keep our current Dr and Hospital. I know this is a bit controversial and we all have our opinions about getting aid from our respective states, but we have NEVER done this and we feel that this is exactly what it's for. She would have problems with any job she went to anyway as far as being covered with insurance and getting maternity leave. She will take this as an opportunity to pursue her photography and will probably be able to take some more advanced photography classes. She may even go shadow with an established photographer in the area.

Also, she and the other worker fired have contacted the CEO of the company asking to be re-instated. This probably won't happen, but it's worth a shot. She really loves that company and feels that they just made a mistake. She feels such loyalty to them that she fears being able to sell for a competing company.

So, that's what we're up to......that and getting ready for a big 3-family garage sale this weekend. I HATE garage sales. I end up working so hard for about 30 bucks!!!!

2 comments:

battynurse said...

I think that the state health assistance is a great thing. I used it for about a year when I was a full time student working 12 hours a week. I don't begrudge anyone using this who has an honest need which Liz does. Granted none of us want to have to do something like that but it is there for those who need it. Liz is unemployed at this time and needs healthcare for herself and the baby. And yes you're right, most employers probably wouldn't consider hiring her because of the pregnancy.

Unknown said...

I think it is a great idea to use the assistance... that is what it is there for, when something like this happens...