Sunday, August 12, 2007

Is it wrong to eat cats?

Ok, yesterday after the wedding in OKC (I'll post about it tomorrow; very interesting as well), my MIL rode home with us (2-hour trip) since my FIL had to stay in the city for business. Anyway, for the first time she shared a little of what went on in their therapy sessions that they had while trying to decide whether or not to come to our wedding (another long story). She was saying that in the attempt to convey to her that what might be unacceptable to one is totally normal to another and does not make either wrong (live and let live, I guess), the therapist asked her if it was wrong to eat cats. My MIL replied that of course it was. The therapist went on to explain that in other countries eating cats was about as normal as us eating chickens or pigs. Anyway, it was a big long story, but the whole time I'm listening, I'm thinking in my head.............she chose the analogy of accepting someone who eats cats to accepting lesbians.........hmmmmmm..........veddy interestin'!!!!!!! Is it just me?

5 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

Is it wrong to eat cats? This post will be running around in my head all day!

battynurse said...

Ok yeah, that's odd. But if it works for her I guess.

Stacey said...

Interesting indeed. Eating cats... Mwuhahaha.

Holly said...

Quite an interesting analogy....Not sure how to take that, but I guess if it works for her to lead her to acceptance...wow.

SJayneI said...

Maybe I'm the only one, but my mind went straight to the gutter on this one. LIz didn't even catch it; what does that say about me? :)