Monday, August 06, 2007

Movies

We rented about 4 movies last night and watched 2. They were 'The Number 23' and 'An Inconvenient Truth'. Both of these movies have impacted me; I'll explain why; remember that I'm a bit 'off' on some things. :)

The Number 23
OK, I've always been a little obsessed with numbers. I count everything and add numbers until they are a single digit (example: 789 would be 7+8+9=24 which would then be 2+4=6). It's just really been an annoying habit and not impacted my life much, unless you count the time I almost ended up in a ditch trying to count Christmas lights. Anyway, I've never really exposed myself to any kind of numerology 'stuff', but the other day on Yummy Mummy, they were talking about how numerology affects our names and how the names we choose has an affect on our success in life (I truly believe this is theoretical and that we choose our own outcome in life, but.....). Here's how it works: The letters of the alphabet are all assigned a number up to nine (then it starts over; zero is not used), so you take the name and add up the cooresponding number and then reduce it to a single digit. The higher the final number, the more successful the name. Well, the movie was not about this at all (it was about a curse attached to the number 23, which a lot of people really believe), but I suddenly became obsessed with our own names and the names we've picked out for our kids. My name reduces to 7 as does Liz' middle name (her name is Mary Elizabeth); her first name and my middle name (Jane) both reduce to 3. The name we have picked for a girl is Isabella Grace. Isabella reduces to 7 as well. Jacob on the other hand only reduces to 4. For some reason, while I was doodling on my paper figuring all of this out while watching the movie, I came to the conclusion that we are having a girl simply based on this info! I told you I was off. Another thing happened this morning that further convinced me: Cylie & I were watching Mickey's Clubhouse and they were puppy-sitting a puppy named Bella, which is what we will call our daughter. They were calling the dog saying, 'Bella...Bella'. Cylie very clearly (more clearly than she's said anything) said, 'Bella'. Liz even heard her and understood even though she wasn't watching the show. Amazing, huh????

OK, enough of that.....on to the next movie..........

An Inconvenient Truth

Ok, what is wrong with us? We can see very clearly that we have messed our home up almost beyond recovery and yet we do nothing. I am just as guilty; I have to admit that the solution seems overwhelming, so my goal now is to find a specific list of what I can do and just tackle them one by one. That's better than what I do now, huh?

If you have not seen this movie, GO rent it now. Don't bother with the other one.

Whew!!! I think that's my longest post. :)

No comments: