Well, we've been home for several hours now and I am in awe that I am sitting here on MY bed watching MY daughter sleeping next to me in her very own bassinet!!!!!
I cannot describe how good this feels. And.............she is so incredibly good!
She is on a monitor so she comes with a lot of baggage, but we don't care. It will actually serve as a good visual reminder to our (well, Liz's) family that she needs to be handled differently than other babies. She had a little bit of apnea, but only during feedings; no problems while sleeping. She's had 2 feedings already at home and not a peep from the monitor. It did go off twice due to the leads coming loose, but that's OK. She also gets stressed a bit if she is rocked or bounced too much. That's really hard for a lot of people, but everyone will have to get used to it for a while anyway.
I'll post more about our first night home later (need to do a bit of venting......) right now I am going to stare at Bella a bit longer!!!
5 comments:
I am glad you got your baby girl home. Enjoy!
We will be here when you are ready to vent!
I can't think of a great thing than just being able to stare at your baby all day and night!
So glad that she is home....cords and baggage and all.
I'm so glad Bella is home with you both. How exciting. Yes preemies don't do as well with extra stimulation but she will get better with it. For now don't be afraid to set boundaries (I know you won't) and make sure everyone washes their hands before they touch. Sorry, I'm such a nurse.
Ahhh...the sweet relief of having your baby at home. I had two NICU babies and I know what a sweet feeling it is to see them sleeping in their own beds.
Enjoy every second. And post new pictures, please!!! :) :)
Post a Comment