Friday, December 07, 2007

Bella's bottom & Cylie's Gymnastics

Well, the soy formula and the Maalox has worked wonders for Bella's bottom. Unfortunately, the strawberry birthmark on her labia has ruptured and was bleeding so she is now on steroids to help reduce it. Poor baby!!! I am not really happy about the steroids, but I'm not sure how else to get rid of it except for laser surgery, which I don't want either. Anyone else have any experience with these kinds of birthmarks?

She now weighs 8lbs 14oz!

And.......about Cylie's gymnastics: I think she will love it and her instructor came by (she's a neighbor and I babysit her son) later that day and said that she did just fine. She is learning "Phase One" which is where they lift their hands up over their head as if saying 'TaDa'. She's so freaking cute; all you have to do is say 'Phase One' and she does it, then claps for herself. I LOVE this child.

Aunt Liz just doesn't understand 1-year olds. She came home stressed about how Cylie behaved. She said she was like a bull, which is her personality (it's also Liz's). She was impatient with the other kids who would show some fear and hesitation about climbing on some of the equipment and doing some of the tumbles, so she would push them out of the way to go ahead and take her turn. We are going to try to figure out a way that I can take her, but I can't see Liz staying home with 3 other babies. Oh well; we'll figure it out soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad Bella's bottom is better!!!!

Cylie sounds like a little doll!

twondra said...

This is twondra from the NW board. I saw your link on Shari's blog. I hope it's okay I checked out your blog. :) I love hearing about other people's kids. :) I'm on try #8 so it gives me hope. :)

I was a gymnast myself, so I love hearing about kids in gymnastics. It's so cute. :)

I hope it's okay that I continue to follow your story. :)