Ok, I know most of you out there are moms and some of you must or choose to work and leave your children in day-care. I support that, especially since that supports me and my family (to some degree anyway).
But, I have a gripe and some advice for all you moms on how to keep your day-care provider happy, especially if it's a home day-care.
1. Don't be early, especially if you are an early arriver. If you are normally here at 7:30 and are the first to arrive, coming to the door at 7ish is unacceptable. I am more than likely in or just out of the shower and not presentable to come to the door.
2. Don't stay when you pick up your kids. Yes, your little darlings are adorable and Yes, I love spending time with them and Yes, I like to chat with you, BUT....this is my job and you and your child are not my only responsibility. As much as I enjoy your child I am ready for the little "angel" to leave when it's time. Just like you at the end of the day, I'm ready to relax in my recliner (I don't really have one, but needed to put in the word; they really are nice; if I was in the market I'd consider them) and enjoy my family.
3. Please send at least one change of clothes. You just never know what might happen and it is frustrating to have to leave a baby in soiled clothes. If you keep 'forgetting' your son will keep coming home in borrowed pink pants. :)
Ok, enough for now. I really do like my job. :)
6 comments:
ok, so i don't use a home daycare..but i wanted to agree with you!! if for some reason we have to be early to my work daycare (they open at 545am) we always let them know ahead of time. same if we're going to be late, they don't close until 6pm and we usually pick up baby indigoscot at 4pm. as far as chitchatting, one of the teachers leaves at 4pm and she has her own toddler to pick up so we only ever tell her bye and have a good evening. the other teacher tells us how baby indigoscot did during the day. AND he has 2 changes of clothes including socks (cause sometimes he manages to dip one or two feet into the poopy diaper if you're not pay attention!
i think these are not unreasonable requests. we're always aware that our daycare staff have a life and they want to be home just as much as we do!!!
All that makes sense to me!
Very good suggestions. All of them.
Those are all reasonable requests. I don't see why parents don't think of it. Maybe you will need to type up some cute child drop off/pick up ettiquette for the parents.
Too funny, but serious. :) I'll remember these suggestions if we ever do day care.
Amen sista! My only requests are: Don't drop off early! Don't pick up late! Pay on time! I barely get up 1/2 an hour before I open, so if they come early, then I am not ready. I have learned to get a back bone and tell people what I need from them, because I have been taken advantage of lots! It is very hard waiting on people to pick up and leave, because even though we love the kids, we want to be done "working". I always say, "I wish I could just clock out at 5:30 like other people do, but I can't."
Post a Comment