Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Desperation

OMG! This child cannot stop pooping. It's not the blow-out poops that she had before when she had diarrhea, but more like what you'd expect from those new 'diet aids' that warn of 'leakage'. The problem is that we think it has caused a yeast infection on her bottom because of the antibiotics so any little bit of poo on her causes her great pain.

We've finally put some vaginal yeast cream on her and it seems to be helping. I really hope that it's OK. I have a call in to her Dr to see what we can do.

Anyway, because we were going through so many diapers that really weren't soiled except for that very small little 'squirt', we got inventive............we put a panty liner in her diaper! It works; we just remove the panty liner and she has a perfectly clean diaper until she pees or overflows the liner.

Ok, are we weird?!?!?

6 comments:

Dee said...

I think that using a Panty Liner is a FANTASTIC idea!!! Hope she's feeling better soon!

R said...

BRILLIANT!!

The Mother Hen said...

Not weird, just very inventive. I don't know about the yeast infection cream, but I do know that hydrocortisone cream really helps that, maybe try that or also some neosporin. Does she have the raw skin that looks like it might bleed? That is an infection on the skin from the acidity of the poop and the frequent wiping. A bath and then some airing time will also help.

Merr said...

That's awesome! What a great idea. I never thought of that. We had that problem once and just bought the cheapest diapers ever to use until it was over.

MommynMama said...

You poor girls! When our first daughter had a topical yeast infection our pedi. recommended the cream for athlete's foot. Lotermain (SP?) It worked wonders. I hope you find a solution soon.

battynurse said...

Ooh, the panty liner is inventive. Chances are the antibiotic is causing her diarrhea also. I don't see why the yeast infection cream should hurt. Hope she is better soon.