Bella has an ingrown toenail! We called a friend who has a podiatrist friend. She called him and he told her that we need to bring her in so he can 'dig' it out. She also said that they are not able to use any pain reliever since she's so little, but that she won't feel it and that it's harder on the parents than on the baby.
WHATEVER!!!!!! I know that will hurt and I know she will feel it; there is no way in hell I'm taking my 10-week old baby to some toe hacker like that!
She has an appt with her pediatrician tomorrow; hopefully she'll have some advice for what we should do.
Any thoughts?
5 comments:
See if the pediatrician has the sugar water solution or mix some yourself to make a sugar binky when she has her toe fixed. It really does help the baby relax and not feel the pain as much.
Ouch!!!! I hope it gets repaired soon and very painless!
Aww, poor baby. I get ingrown toenails a lot and actually, if the podiatrist is good (like mine), it doesn't hurt at all when they take them out, and immediately feels better once it's out. But it might be a hard job with a squirming baby. I would definitely talk to your pediatrician first and see what she recommends doing about it.
Andrew had one and we were able to gently take care of it ourselves, but it wasn't too ingrown. The pediatrician may be able to do something.
Poor Bella
ouch! hope the doctor had better advice!
Post a Comment