Well, it's over! I must admit that until last night I did not fully understand how the caucus worked, although I did have some understanding. We were able to watch one of the Precincts 'gathering' on television last night. What a mess!! I am torn; on the one hand, I think it's better than the electronic primary, but it was so confusing that I think a lot of people just wouldn't bother. Maybe the Iowans are different as there seemed to be quite a turnout. The thing that jumped out most to me was that they got to go ahead and support their 2nd choice candidate if the 1st wasn't doing well. Why can't we do that?
Anyway, I was a bit dissapointed with the results as I am a Hillary supporter, but I am still hopeful. I don't think these caucuses are what they make them out to be and in actuality only 2 Iowa winners have gone on to win the presidency.
I have quite a problem with the way our country elects leaders anyway. We do NOT need the electoral college any longer and we can certainly blame that for our current 'leader'. How does it makes sense to anyone that we can elect a president that the majority of voters do not want?
I'd like to hear your opinions!
No comments:
Post a Comment