Sunday, January 20, 2008

Our weekend

Well, we spent the weekend getting ready for my MIL's 60th birthday party. It was today and a pretty good success.

I was a bit nervous as this is the first time we've been around Liz's extended family since Bella was born, but aside from a few stupid comments, it went pretty well. One of Liz's great-aunts came up to me as I was feeding Bella and said, 'Oh, she looks like a little indian'. I said, 'she is a little indian'. She then replied, 'Well, at least she isn't part black'. What the F#$%&$$(!!!!!!!!!!! First of all.......who cares? What difference would that make really? Second of all........we know where she came from.......it's not like we played 'russian roulet' with frozen sperm vials!! People are so stupid.

Then her sister (another great-aunt) came up, again while I was feeding Bella 3 hours later and said to me,' you need to stop feeding her so much; she's going to get fat'. As soon as she was finished with her bottle, while my MIL was holding her she was fussy (which is pretty normal with my MIL), Liz's great-grandfather said to me, 'are you just going to ignore the hungry baby; she needs to eat'. He just was me feeding her an entire bottle. Get a clue people!!

Anyway, all-in-all we had a good time and people were overall accepting of the fact that Bella was indeed mine.

Off to bed now; hopefully I can log on tomorrow and catch up on your blogs!! It's been several days, really.

4 comments:

battynurse said...

Some people are just never going to get it. Seems like their foot has been surgically attached to their mouth.

Tanya said...

Of course she's yours. If you were a man and your wife had a baby no one would question that it was your baby. I don't see how it's different just because you're a woman.

Have to love the old people with their lovely racist comments. My father is horrible for doing thing like that too. It drives me insane.

Shannon said...

Oh man, I remember people telling us we were feeding Erik too much too, or not feeding him enough, or doing something else wrong. Drove us crazy. We were confident in what we were doing though, so other than being annoying, we didn't let it get to us too much. When it comes to babies, *everyone* has advice.

Audra said...

I feel ya on the crazy in-law situations.