Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bella's toe

Well, we saw the plastic surgeon yesterday. Apparently her toe is worse than we initially thought; we were told that the bone was not affected, but it is. He said there is nothing we can do about that, but there is a possibility that she will always have 'issues' with her toe.



We have scheduled surgery for August; it will be a 2-hour surgery. That will be the longest 2 hours of my life!!! He also said that she may need another surgery when she's 5 or 6. Also, he told us that on the very slim chance that the blood supply is only going to the extra portion of her toe, she may lose her entire toe after surgery. He did assure us that the chances of that were extremely slim.



Also, in plastic surgeon fashion, he told us that we would need to get her left ear pinned back so she's not made fun of. We will NOT be having that surgery; we are not in the market of creating a perfect child and her ear is just fine. (He was probably just in the market for a nice new pair of golf shoes) Don't you think?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Her ears are adorable!

Sorry to hear about her toe, but hopefully the surgery will do the trick.

battynurse said...

That whole informed consent thing for surgery. They have to explain to you every possible thing that could happen which usually leaves you even more terrified. I'm sorry that the bone is involved and hope the can fix it as much as possible. As far as the ear goes, I'm with you. When she's school age and if the kids to make fun of her or if it bothers her, then I'd think about it.

Jen said...

WTF? Her ear pinned back? What a crock of shit! I have never noticed anything but a beautiful, darling baby in all the photos that you've posted...and her ears are gorgeous! Oh that just chaps my hide! I suppose if I took Maddie to that doc he'd want to lipo her thighs 'cuz ya know, they are a little chunky! Geesh!