Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentines Day

Cylie, Colby and I decorated sugar cookies for Valentine's Day. They were quite proud of their works of art!! Especially after they were baked and allowed to eat them. Adorable!




We stayed in and ordered pizza for Valentine's Day. We didn't really exchange gifts either. I did get her a new eye mask to sleep in. It say's 'I Love You'. She gave me a collage of Bella in her 'My 1st Valentine Day' bib sucking on her 'I Love Mommy' pacifier. I cried!!

Anyway, I went to bed early (around 9:45) to be awoken around 4 by Liz in severe pain. It did not go away so off we went to the ER. Remember that we do not have medical insurance right now, so we took her to the Indian Hospital where she would get free health care. Geez!! These people were rude and insensitive. They wouldn't even bring her a 2nd bucket to get sick in and didn't have blankets. One of the nurses even said to me, "This is a free hospital;what do you expect?"

Liz was having pretty obvious (to me, anyway) Gallbladder pains. I even mentioned this when we went in. I was ignored of course. The first Dr she saw immediately made her drink 2 bottles of that white chalk for a scan, which ended up showing nothing. She went off duty and the 2nd Dr stated that we need to get an ultrasound because it seemed tohim like her Gallbladder. Unfortunately, he said that we can't get the scan since she drank all the 'chalk' so she will have to wait a few days. Good Lord!!!!!

So, we still don't know what is wrong with her; she has her ultrasound on Mon. We are taking it easy this weekend a nd trying to catch up on some sleep.

6 comments:

Audra said...

eep! hope she feels better!

twondra said...

Wow....can't believe how rude they were. Keep us posted on the ultrasound.

Love the pics!

battynurse said...

I hope she feels better soon. What a witch of a doctor. I'm so sick of doctors with a God complex who can't handle having someone tell them anything. In the meantime, if they didn't tell you this, a diet that is almost completely fat free will help her feel a bit better.

Jen said...

That sounds like quite the ordeal in the hospital. Hope Liz feels better soon and you find out what's up.

S AND C said...

I hope she feels better :-(

I know what you mean going to sleep early! I think i went to bed at 9 last night LOL

Cookies look great! I want one now LOL

Unknown said...

I hope she does feel better soon.. please keep us posted!