I am exhausted today...........and I'm so jealous of the women who blog about the wonderful sleeping habits of their new babies. Mine is 5 months old tomorrow and her sleeping habits have gotten so much worse. She is hard to put down; after rocking her for at least 20 minutes, we have to nearly lay on top of her in her crib until she settles before we can even consider the backwards tiptoe out of the room. We can then expect about an hour if we're lucky, before we have to do that routine again; we sometimes have to do it a couple of times before it 'takes' and she's down for about 3 hours. She then needs to eat and is a little easier to put down after that, but then only sleeps for another 3 hours at a time until morning. I thought she was just hungry so against my better judgement we gave her rice cereal in the evening for about a week. No real changes and she hated it. I felt like I was torturing her with it, so we stopped it. She only eats about 4 ounces at a feeding; every once in a while she'll eat 6.
Anyway, last night was especially tiring as Liz came home really late and really tired so I got up almost every time.
And, I feel so badly posting about these things. When we were still TTCing, I used to get so irritated with such posts from women who were already parenting so I do understand.
With all the good and wonderful things about parenting comes some not so pleasant, but I'm sure when she's 12 years old and thinks she no longer needs me I will longingly and lovingly remember the 'good ol days' when she needed me several times a night to merely rock her to sleep. :)
1 comment:
I am sure it gets frustrating. Hopefully it is a growth spurt!
Post a Comment