Well, I am trying to learn as much as I can about PKD (I previously referred to it as Polycystic Kidney Syndrome, but apparently it's Polycystic Kidney Disease), and have learned much more than the Dr. told us and learned that some of what he told us was untrue. I am ready to go see the next specialist with my list of questions for him. I am hoping he is a true expert on this disease and we can have a clearer vision of what we are dealing with.
Today, as I was driving home from the store, I had this overwhelming feeling that I needed to talk to someone about Bella. I ran down my list of people that I had called and talked to and couldn't think of anyone I'd left out, until my Mother crossed my mind. I couldn't hold back the tears; I want so much to talk to her about this and just let all my fears show. (I really try to be strong and downplay how I feel with Liz and everyone else.) I miss her so much; now more than ever, I think.
Anyway, I am going to try for the next couple of weeks to go back to 'normal' and not think too much about this awful disease. We leave for AZ on Friday, and I want to be able to relax and have a good time with my family. I really miss spending time with them as well.
I do want to say thank you to all of you who have offered support to us; it really means a lot. I feel so connected to you.

"I make Thunder Thighs look good" :)
7 comments:
Sounds like you have a really good attitude about all of this. Still thinking of you guys... Have fun in AZ!
Hope you have fun in AZ. Hang in there! We're all here for you!
What a little cutie! Those little thighs are just precious. It's great that you are doing some research on your own so that you'll know a bit more when you meet the specialist, it just sucks that you have to wait a month!
I know what you mean about having something you want to share with your mom and wanting to be comforted by your mom and not having that available. I have different reasons for it but I do understand it. I'm sorry you are going through all this but knowledge is good even if it's scary sometimes too. Hang in there.
I agree your research is wonderful. Great idea to come loaded with questions for the specialist..that is what they are there for and it sounds like your little princess has a terrific Mommie.(Which I already knew) Now, that picture is ADORABLE!!!!! Her hair has grown also. Hugs and keep us posted.:)
Well I am glad you have a diagnosis so you go from there.
She is so adorable and looks so cozy in that picture!
have fun at AZ
Cute baby!
Post a Comment