We arrived on Sunday afternoon, after a very emotionally intense & revealing conversation on Saturday night. I fought back tears from the moment I got there, but it felt so good to be there again with her and to have Bella there with us.
On Monday morning, I removed her wedding ring (I have misplaced mine) and shared some final tender moments with her as we walked away from the place that almost defined our love in the beginning. We will never go back.
We have discussed many many things over the past few days and I can't help but wonder if we had been this forthcoming and honest over the past few years, would our marriage really be over?
I am still very much in love with her and will always have a small hope that she realizes that what she really wants and needs is me. I won't live by this hope, but it will always be there.
I really don't at this point feel the need to go into all the details of the events that have recently been revealed, as I don't want anyone to have ill thoughts of her. She is doing what she feels she must and she must be true to herself. While I am not yet to the point of wanting her new 'situation' to work out for her, I do not want her to get hurt and I wish her the best.
We have decided, due to the uncertainty of Bella's disease and our current finances, to slow our breakup down just a bit. We will continue to live here in the house together until some answers are revealed and decisions made.
5 comments:
Wow. Your selflessness does not cease to amaze me.
It sounds like you all are being thoughtful during this hard time and thats all you can really ask for.
I've been reading for awhile now - and wanted you to know that I admire your ability to find the good in situations like the one you are in. Sometimes you don't see your strenth when you are in the middle of a difficult time - just in case you didn't I wanted you to know that it does show - even to strangers like myself.
You are being very strong throughout this... and very understanding.
You are being very strong through this and I am sure it's very hard to do so. I hope that what ever ends up happening in the long run it's the best for everyone.
Post a Comment