Tuesday, October 21, 2008

An Open Thank You..........

I jsut wanted to take a moment to post an open letter to all of the taxpayers (myself included) of America as well as all of the lawmakers who have worked to make public healthcare for children possible.

As many of you know, Liz was fired from a 7-year job when she was 5 months pregnant. I have a home daycare so I was not employed outside the home either. We lost all healthcare. Neither of us had ever been on any kind of public assistance, so with hesitation, we applied for state healthcare for Liz and Bella.

Thanks to our states public healthcare for pregnant women and children, all of Liz's care, the birth, Bella's 10-day NICU stay, her 2 hospitilizations, and the many doctors office visits and tests she's gone through have cost us nothing, zero, zilch, nada. No co-pays, no deductibles, nothing! We have been blessed. We would certainly be under a mountain of medical bills had she not lost her job.

I am not recommending being without a job and on any kinda of assistance, but it certainly saved us. We have no debt of any kind; no money, but no debt.

The fact that we've been so lucky hit me like a ton of brick this morning as I reviewed the healthcare options from Liz's new job. The reality of where we would have been and what we were spared is overwhelming!

So, from one very appreciative family.........thank you to everyone out there who supports these programs, willingly or not.

No comments: