My sisters and I have decided to make our gift exchange fun this year and not about the gift itself. We are all going through transitions that make money a little tight anyway (not that we be giving big expensive Oceanus watches or anything *smile*), so we decided to take the stress out of what to buy each other on our strict budgets.
There are 17 of us just counting my siblings and their families, and I'm not sure if my stepfather will be around or not (long story there). So, we will all buy for Kasen (18-month old great-nephew) and Bella, but the rest of us including the teenagers will all go out and spend one dollar, yes $1, on a gift to exchange. We will all try to be as unique and creative as we can and then we will have a fun exchange (dirty Santa or maybe and auction) on Christmas Day and possible even have some extra prizes for the most unique or the 'crappiest' gift.
I know it sounds a bit cheesy, but I think it will be a Christmas we always remember and a very fun day.
I'm not yet sure what we will do with Liz's family, but we'll think of something.
1 comment:
that sounds like a lot of fun!!!
Post a Comment