I admit, it's a little hard to find things to be thankful for today as it is the 2-year anniversary of my Mother's death. I've been thinking that, at least in my mind, there are actually 2 anniversary days for her death. The year she died, the 20th was the Monday before Thanksgiving and her funeral was the day before Thanksgiving. This leaves me with 2 anniversaries to deal with each year. One being the 20th, whichever day it falls on, and the other being the Monday before Thanksgiving Day. I'm pretty sure this is just my own warped way of thinking, but it makes sense to me.
Today I am thankful of the relationship I had with my Mother, I am thankful of the information my Grandmother gave me a few days before Mother died, and I am thankful for new beginnings.
On a lighter note, I am thankful for shiny bandaids, infant tylenol, and prunes (the jury is still out on this one; I may have to retract it).
Not much got accomplished to prepare for the holidays today.
2 comments:
I'm loving all your thankful posts. Makes me smile and count my own blessings.
Steph-
I joined you with what you are thankful for..and I was also thinking about you and Bella the other day. I know that you were telling me that she is getting constipated with milk. I just bought Beech Nut yogurt drinks that have fruit, and what about Gerber water that is flavored? Just a thought. I know when Princess was younger she loved prune juice, but Little Miss has hated it all along. Lucky thing I really haven't needed it, but sometimes her poop is a little hard. Who knows!
Post a Comment