It hit me like a ton of bricks today that I no longer have a baby. Instead, I have a busy, curious, into everything, walking, talking toddler!
She is every bit as busy as Cylie was and just as messy. I swear she cannot walk past a drawer or shelf without the contents ending up on the floor. Her favorite thing to do is to empty the drawer in the kitchen where I keep the towels, dishrags, and bibs; I used to keep them neatly folded in nice neat little stacks, but now they are just thrown in the drawer, mostly after picking them off of the floor about 30 times a day. Why don't I lock the drawer, you say? Well, it's fun for her; it doesn't really hurt anything; it keeps her from doing other harm. :)
She signs 'more', 'ball', 'all done', 'bath' and sometimes 'eat'.
She says 'ball-ball', 'Ba-bo' (elmo), 'Mama', 'Hi', 'Bella', 'Uh-oh', 'All Done', 'Bye', 'Spider', 'Ta-Da'.
Her new favorite game is chasing her Mommy (Liz) around the house, all while walking; she rarely crawls any more.
And.........she has a BIG temper for such a tiny girl! We are having to make sure we don't give in now after we say no; she can sure throw a tantrum.
1 comment:
As much as it seems fun and exciting to have a toddler, it also seems sad that she's not a baby anymore. I remember a few years back I hadn't seen my friends kids in about a year and they went from toddlers to little kids. The change was just amazing.
Post a Comment