Saturday, February 28, 2009

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea.........

Well, my MIL did come over and sit with Bella (Cylie & Catrina came as well; they ever do anything alone). We enjoyed our dinner (Mexican, yummy!) and movie (Taken; great movie) and came home. We sat and visited with them for a while, then after Catrina left, my MIL stayed for a while.

The subject of the past came up as it always does with her since she lives there. Liz took the opportunity to try to let her mother know how she feels about some things and why we don't go to there house much. She tried to let her know how much their subtle disrespect regarding our marriage and my parenting Bella bothers us. She never did understand and kept saying that we can't change her disapproval of homosexuality any more than she can change the fact that Liz is gay. She didn't get it and ended up leaving in tears.

Some of that may be my fault as I tried to help explain what Liz meant and I should have just kept quiet as I speak much more passionately than Liz does. Granted, I was calm and didn't raise my voice, but I don't think she wants to hear anything from me.

Liz stayed upset last night and we stayed up until after 3 (then Bella got up at 6) and today we've just been lying around the house napping in some sort of blah-land.

I hate this crap!!!

1 comment:

battynurse said...

Sorry it ended stressfully. I hope that someday there can be some understanding and acceptance.