So far all is going pretty well. Unlike last time, she has not been able to remove any of her bandages. We are keeping her in tights and a onesie with my foot boot over it, so she's pretty much safe to leave alone.
She slept all night in her own bed without waking up once. Her issue is that she cannot walk on it at all. She has pulled up to stand, but when she tries to walk, she falls. It's really heartbreaking to watch. She can't crawl either because she can't bend her knee.
So, this makes her very irritable and she only wants me to hold her. She's cranky and is not comfortable or easy to please. I don't think she has pain, but we have Tylenol with codeine. We are supposed to be giving it every 4 hours, but we're not. It seems to make her more irritable and sleepy, but since she's not really tired she doesn't sleep. She just tosses around and becomes grumpy.
Also, I am sick! I started feeling a sore throat on Sunday night, and since I've not been able to really rest, it's just getting worse!!
1 comment:
I'm so glad the surgery went well. But I'm sorry the recovery at home has been tough.
BTW, the whole "spoiled" thing would have really, REALLY irritated me too.
Post a Comment