Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day weekend & camping

Well, we didn't really get to camp this weekend. My poor wife has been wanting to camp for months now, but we can't seem to get it together. We were invited to camp and float the river, but didn't want to take Bella. We ended up spending Friday night grilling and playing cards with her parents and diblings, then my 2-year old nephew's birthday, grilling and cards on Saturday. On Sunday, we went back to my sister's and grilled steaks and played more cards. Monday, Liz, Bella and I met my sister, neice and great-nephew at the lake to grill burgers and play cards.

Hmmmm........I'm seeing a theme here..........grilling and cards!!

But, we didn't get to camp and we've been organized and ready for weeks and the soonest we can go is the 3rd week in June after Pride Gala on the 30th, Pride Festival on the 6th and my sister weekend in Eureka on the 12th/13th. I hope she can hold out that long.

We really do like to camp and Bella seems to take to it as well. My dream vacation or retirement is to travel around our country in a big ole 5th wheel. There's a lot of America that I'd like to see and what better way than from various RV parks!!! :)

Seriously, wouldn't that be fun?!?!? No strict agenda, just go where you want, see everything from the smallest town to the biggest city and take your own home with you.

1 comment:

battynurse said...

Sorry the camping thing didn't work out. I hope you get to go soon. The weekend doesn't sound too bad though.
I think you're idea of retirement or vacation sounds great. I've always wanted to do that too.