Friday, August 28, 2009

Bella is 22-monhts old today!

I am such in awe of this little girl; I can’t believe that we’ll be celebrating her 2nd birthday in just 2 short months. She is the light of our world. She’s stubborn, happy, helpful, quick-tempered, loving, controlling, cheerful, curious, determined little bundle of delight!

Here are just a fraction of the highlights of her development.

She says…
“I not”
“I love you”
“Where are you?”
“Thank you Mama” (or whoever); she says this a LOT and appropriately………anytime I give her anything, especially to eat or drink; she even said it yesterday after I changed her diaper
“Go bye bye eat”.. she loves to go out to eat
“I want”….whatever she wants; her vocabulary is so large that I cannot even think of or list what all she can say
“That’s my”…whatever; she has never really just said ‘mine’

She knows…….
The color yellow…most of the time
The names of everyone in her family and all the kids I keep
Several of the Sesame Street characters; her favorites are Elmo and Abby
The following body parts: eyes, ears, nose, hair, mouth, teeth, cheeks, chin, elbow, toes, feet, knees
That the DVR can repeat what she wants to see if she simply says and signs ‘more’
The tune to the Alphabet song and can sing all the way to G recognizably
Some of her numbers, but doesn’t get them in the right sequence yet
Many animals….but, won’t really say what sounds they make; we’ve tried and tried, but she just doesn’t care what they say

She Loves……..
Barney, but Abby Cadabby is coming in a pretty close 2nd and with my encouragement will rapidly replace Barney
Blueberries with a passion; I have to limit her though as it does weird things to her poop
Cylie with her whole heart; I love watching the two of them interact; Cylie is such a caregiver and Bella, who is normally the leader, totally submits to Cylie
Long Goodbyes; she kisses and hugs and kisses and hugs and kisses and hugs; she really is a lover!
To ‘take inventory’, naming everything that she knows, especially in the morning and at meal time. In the morning she will name off her blanket, pacifier, Bella and Mama & Mom. At mealtime, she will name off everything on her plate (she knows most of them) as well as her cup & juice or milk, fork and plate.
Playing in water….any water
To help; she puts the detergent cube in the dishwasher, then moves the lever to start it; if she sees me taking the garbage bag out to the garage, she runs over and grabs part of the handle to help; she is great at picking up her toys and loves to take anything to the trash
To dance; she especially like the opening some to M.C. Hammer’s reality show Hammertime and at the end, she says ‘Hammertime’ with him, then says and signs ‘more’ for us to repeat it; she will go through this 3 or 4 times before she’ll move on to something else.
To climb and jump off of things
To be read to; I love that she loves books!
Her Little People; she calls them her babies; they are never too far away from her
Her blanket and pacifier!

She’s good at……
Her naps; she goes right down and stays down in her bed; she still wakes occasionally at night, but not often and still insists on being rocked at night, but will still go to bed fully awake.
Cleaning up; I am so blessed to have a child that understands and is willing to pick up after herself
Stacking blocks; she can stack a tower about half as tall as she is
Brushing her teeth
Playing alone; she goes off on her own and sits and plays with her babies (Little People) for an hour at a time if she’s not disturbed

I’m sure there’s lot’s more I’m forgetting!!



I haven't posted pictures - or anything else for that matter - in a long time. I have some that I need to share; I'll try to post them tonight.

No comments: