We were able to attend a candlight vigil to show support for a public health care option last night. It was amazing. Bella loved it; she kept chanting with everyone - everyone; even the opposition! :)
Speaking of, some of the rudest people I've seen showed up to oppose us. We were actually outnumbered 3 to 1. On our side, we had people speaking and sharing their health care stories. While they were speaking, a man from the other side was hitting the metal light pole with something causing a big clang just to drown out our speakers.
I'm all for showing up and standing up for what you beleive (expect for same-sex marriage; that has nothing to do with anyone else!), but I'd like to see some respect for fellow americans.
This is a cause that I believe in with all my heart; mostly because my daughter currently has no health care. She has an undiagnosed kidney disease and can't go to her kidney doctors.
I stay awake at night praying that people will see the light and that the Democrats in office that WE elected will stop trying to play bi-partisanship and get it done.
This makes my search for the 'best weight loss pills ' seem so trivial!! :)
3 comments:
I wish that only those without healthcare could have a say in this. I have healthcare and know that I am fortunate for it. Nobody, especially children, should be without proper healthcare. Money should not be a factor. If the US could afford to spend money on a war that killed innocent people, it can just as easily afford to spend money to help keep them alive and healthy.
I agree with what This Mom said. The whole system needs major help and yet it is often those who have insurance and easy access to health care who are against everyone having health care. Working for a county hospital I see how many people come through as emergency for things that could have been dealt with as outpatients if they had access to medical care outside of an emergency room.
Bella is so cute. She has really gotten big.
I'm a new follower of your blog, and I love it! As for the healthcare, my goodness what an aweful reality it is. I recently went to the er for a serious medical problem, only to be refused treatment because I didn't have two hundred dollars. I will forever be in debt to the local hospital. I currently owe well over six figures, but I can't help the fact that I have a serious neurological problem and no insurance. My son has state insurance, and when he turns eighteen he will get free insurance through his Indian tribe. Something I am thankful for every day. I have a pre existing condition and don't qualify for disability, yet can't work. Very few insurances will even consider taking me on, and the few that will, want an insane amount of money. Countries like Canada who have free health care are doing it right. I'd much rather have a higher cost of living, and not have to worry about having an attack, and the hospital refusing me treatment. My wifes insurance won't cover me because of the whole same sex thing, and my pre existing condition. It's a sad sad day when our youth has to be in jeopardy over health care. I am only twenty, and other than state insurance when I was pregnant I haven't had insurance in almost ten years. My parents made just over the cut off for state insurance, but not enough to provide me insurance. I am truly scared for our children's future. Something has got to change.
Post a Comment