Friday, September 25, 2009

Working from home

I've been doing home daycare for about 2 years now, and I'm sick of it. It's not bringing in the kind of money that we need and I need to make a change.

We've talked about a lot of options lately...me getting a job and putting Bella in daycare, selling the house and looking for apartments for rent, selling one of the trucks.

None of these are anything we will really want to do. We KNOW we don't want Bella in daycare; we KNOW we don't want to sell our home, and we KNOW we need both vehicles.

But.......I need to start bringing in more money. I've been considering Medical Transcription from my home and it sounds like it will be a perfect fit for us and the money is pretty good; I won't get rich off of it, but it will keep me home with Bella and let me stop daycare.

I went to a seminar last night about it and I think I've made up my mind, but I'm not wanting to shell out te $3000 this particular school wants. I will search for another.

Anyone out there have any experience with at-home transcriptionist work?

1 comment:

battynurse said...

Talk to Tammy (twondra). She was on the NW board and has a blog now and she does this. Good luck.