Sunday, November 29, 2009

Black Friday

Did anyone get out and shop till you drop? I did not! I wanted to go to Joann's because their fleece was on sale for $2.99 a yard and I'm making hats and scarves for all the kids.

Anyway, I went today and was happy to see that it was still on sale and they still had a pretty good selection. I got enough to make about 6 each for less than $10. :)

Anyway, I was standing there looking at the buttons obviously searching for something in particular, when an employee asked me if she could help me find anything. I told her I was looking for a single brown button and reference a package of buttons that were similiar, but told her I didn't need the whole package. She looked at me kinda snooty and said, 'Well, we only have what we have.'

Please, she ASKED me if she could help. I didn't even seek her out. Made me wonder what kind of employee screenings they have or if they just hire anyone who asks this time of year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you know how long the joann's sale is going on? I am making some blankets for some gifts!

battynurse said...

Joann's was about the only place I went on Friday. Their flannel at $1.49 a yard was a fantastic buy and I bought a lot.