Sunday, January 17, 2010

Trouble at work.........

Here's a little tip for anyone needing to visit a hospital ER and don't want to wait.............mention possible pain in your chest or upper back area.

Tonight, I was reprimanded and probably rightly so. A patient's health was compromised by my error. Thankfully, it all ended well. Well, except for my wounded pride.......

I have been complimented so much by everyone on how well I do this job being so new; this stung a bit.

Oh well.........lesson learned.

That being said.....I have formed the following opinion: nurses can be callous, hard-hearted people. I know there are some nurses who read my blog and I'm sure you are different or perhaps understand.

I'm sure they see a lot of 'bull', for lack of a better word, but the things that are spoken and gestured behind a patient's back really annoy me!!!

I have visited ER facilities several times with Bella and now I wonder what was being said about me or my child.....

2 comments:

battynurse said...

Nurses can be truly brutal. They are said to eat their young in that they pretty much suck at supporting one another and newbies get the brunt of the bad treatment.
Sorry about the reprimand. It's hard sometimes to take but hopefully it was just a passing thing and tomorrow will be forgotten.

Stacey said...

they are probably like that in order to survive and not get too attached to patients or issues. i am sure it's an emotionally draining job and worse if you try and be really sympathetic with everyone. i am not saying they should be mean but it's probably their way of detaching.