Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Well here I sit at 3 a.m. doing absolutely NOTHING!!! I am paid pretty decent money to sit and wait just in case someone needs ER attention in the middle of the night.........they rarely do. But, who am I to complain? I just get so bored. I've decided to devote a portion of the 'dead' time between 3 and 5 am to write blogs. I can't actually post them as I am unable to log into Blogger, but I can write them and email them to myself. I have neglected this blog so badly recently and I think Facebook is to blame. I love feeling connected and it gives me some instant or near instant gratification.

The job..........I really like the job and I'm told I'm very good at it. They've referred to me as a sponge, but it's really not difficult. I gather information from the patient...name, ssn, address, phone, insurance, why they're here, etc....enter it into the computer and call the nurse........ask for money when they're done, which they rarely pay. I think most anyone could do it well. But, perhaps I'm just of above average intelligience..... :) One of the big perks of the downtime, though, is the opportunity to do schoolwork. Spring semester starts next week and I'm signed up for two classes....Medical Terminology and Human Anatomy & Physiology.

About Bella.......this child is growing up so fast. She's still very small and some recent research I've conducted points to her kidney disease as the culprit. Yes, Liz was small, but everything I've read says that kids with PKD (we are pretty sure this is her diagnoses; they are still just a tiny bit hesitant) are of smaller than average size. She's super smart though and I'm not just saying that because she's my kid. :) She has a pretty large vocabulary and can almost say her whole alphabet; she skips H through P. She loves to 'cuggle Mama' and requests that quite often if we've been apart. Her and Liz are not adjusting to me working as well as I'd hoped, but we will all get there soon..well, eventually. I like the daycare I've picked, but since she only needs to go once or twice a week, I'm afraid it won't last. She hates it! Well, she hates being left there. She talks about Ms.Kenzie and says she likes her and she's nice, but never wants to go there and panics when it's time for me to leave her. I hate it!!!

Liz and I are doing well. This job may actually bring us closer. She is a bit disheartened by the low number of sales her calendar has brought in (don't you want to buy one?), but is getting excited about the greeting cards and wall art she's started working on. Signing off for now. I'll be posting this in a few hours from home just before I crash for a bit of sleep.

I'm off the next two days, then work one and off for 5! Woohoo!!!

1 comment:

battynurse said...

Wow a not busy ER? Glad the job is going well though and that you get some down time. My last position had some down time and it was great. I got lots of reading done.