Friday, July 01, 2011

Slow starter.......

I always was a slow starter......a bit of a perfectionist. I decided to start blogging again because it was such great therapy and kept such a good record of Bella and when she did things. Now, I feel as though I've lost a year of her life.

We are doing great. Liz & I are still together, happily. I know it was touch & go there for a while before I 'left' blogland. We both work from home. She is doing her art full time. You can see her stuff here: www.miabellaart.com. This has been our only income since November. It's feast or famine, but we are happy and doing well.

I am basically a full-time mom/homemaker, part-time bookkeeper and part-time student. I love being with Bella all day every day and rarely need the break so many people seem to beg for. Probably because I wanted her for so long and that I'm old. :)

Bella is a smart little girl. She can carry a conversation as easily with an adult as with a child. She doesn't play well with kids her own age; they need to be slightly older. She does well with 6 to 8 year olds.

She dances ALL the time and just started ballet/tap lessons. So completely adorable! I am so happy for her that I want to cry everytime we go.

Her kidneys are stable for now; she sees a Neuphrologist once a year and it's time next month to go. As of last August, she was leveling off.....no changes for the good or bad.

She had to have surgery on her eyes, but has had no problems since. That was done in February.

She is starting to learn to swim. We have an 8 foot pool in the backyard that is about 2.5 feet deep and she 'dives' to the bottom over and over again while in the pool. I cherish our pooltime as we have awesome one-on-one talks while we are in there together and we go almost every evening after dinner.

I'm leaving it at that for now. I am thinking of starting a public blog and putting some adsense on it to try and make a little cash; anyone have any experience with that? I was thinking of using WordPress.

So happy to reconnect; you'll see more of me soon!

1 comment:

This Mom said...

I'm happy to hear that things are going well for you and Liz, as well as with Bella. I've considered the ads before, but wasn't sure if they were worth it. And I am also considering moving to Wordpress, although I'm wondering how difficult it will be.

Glad to have you back!