Monday, November 13, 2006

Devastating....

She's young, full of life, has 3 beautiful children and an adoring husband. Yet, she is not exempt from the cruel hand of sickness.

Two weeks after the birth of her third child, she is lying in ICU with a tube down her throat. The pregnancy apparently caused ulcers on her heart which resulted in 2 heart attacks.

The phone call at 4:44 this morning has created fear in both of us, but especially my wife. I can tell it's on her mind and wonder if she will be somewhat releived if we are not pregnant. I realize that her fear of losing me is much greater than her desire to have a child.

It was the elephant in the room that we didn't talk about this morning.

2 comments:

The Mother Hen said...

I can sympathize. Hubby was very worried about what life would be like if something happened to me and wondered if it was worth the risk of another pregnancy. I hope her fears can be calmed and she will come to understand that this is not a normal everyday occurrence. Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Very sorry to hear about this... Like berrymom said that hopefully this is not very common and very unlikely something like this would happen to you! I hope this person gets better soon. Take care...