Well, I've done a lot of research over the past few days and it looks like we will give breastfeeding by me (she's carrying) a shot. It was suggested that the non-birth mother start pumping up to 4 months before the baby arrives. It will take a while for the milk to come in. Also, if there is not enough, there is a drug with minimal side effects that has proven to work. We can even try a lactation aide to help the baby pull the milk down. I'm so excited about this.
We will not exlusively breastfeed anyway as I don't want Liz to miss that part. She can't breastfeed because of a medicine she takes. It's safe for pregnancy at a low dose, but not for breastfeeding. She has no desire to do that anyway.
1 comment:
That’s really cool! I know of a lot of adoption mommies that successfully do it. Please keep us updated on how it goes
Post a Comment