Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Our New Years weekend

Well, we had a great time this weekend in Dallas! We went to the Cotton Bowl Parade on Sunday, then to a nice dinner, then we went out to a Lesbian Bar called Sue Ellens. We had so much fun and made some new friends. I had so much to drink, and I am NOT a drinker....Oh My!! Liz nursed a glass of red wine all night, then had a sip of champagne at midnight. (Just in case; turns out her HCG we had drawn yesterday was less than 2.....oh well; maybe next time).

We left the bar right after midnight; we are used to being in bed by 10 and usually not much later than that on the weekends. We're old fogeys, I guess!!

Anyway, after stopping at IHOP for breakfast, then a quick shower to wash off 'the bar', we were in bed snuggly sleeping by 2:30 only to be rudely awaken at 9 by firemen. Yes, firemen; apparently there was smoke on the 3rd floor of our hotel. It all turned out to be just fine though, and we got a free breakfast out of it. I will say that I've never seen so many hung over, pajama clad people in one room before though!

So.......on to next try and on to a great 2007!!!!!

I just realized that this is the year I turn 40; how will I ever handle that?!?!?!?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! So sorry this cycle didn't work for you guys, but hopefully 2007 is you guys year!

S&C said...

Sounds like a good time :-)
Happy belated new year!