Saturday, March 17, 2007

My biological father .......

....just found out (through the family grapevine) that we are pregnant and that Liz is the one carrying. He made the comment to my sister that he has no reaction and then said, 'So, Stephanie's the dad?'

This man has put me through so much with his hypocritical judgemental attitude. He is a pentecostal 'preacher' and is about to enter into his 4th marriage to his 3rd wife. I have no affection for him at all.

I guess I need to vent a little, but right now the words aren't really coming. We are so happy about this baby and the direction our life together is taking, that I am really trying hard not to focus on any negativity, but this man drives me nuts!

I'll post more about it later. Keep me in your thoughts.

3 comments:

battynurse said...

I know what you mean about people like that. My mom is another one. It always gets me that the ones who seem the most pious are the ones who are the most hypocritical. Even though I know it's hard to do, I hope he doesn't affect your happiness much.

S&C said...

Vent away. I am not a bif fan of my father as well and understand what you are going through.
This is awesome, great, happy time dont let him bring ya down.

Holly said...

ahhh, so it begins.
Trust me, you will get many stupid or frustrating comments from people, even close family members who think they are asking non-offensive questions.
We quickly learned to brush any negative things off and just be happy with our pregnancy and our own lives.
I can't even count how many times I was asked if I was "the dad."