Saturday, March 24, 2007

Pregnancy update

We really aren't seeing any real symptoms yet other than 'tender' boobs. She normally has breasts of steel and doesn't feel much at all, but last night as we were going to bed she mentioned that the weight of them was causing tenderness. She's pretty well endowed, but has never felt this before. I told her she may need to start sleeping in a sports bra or something.

The other thing we are dealing with is her lack of appetite, especially in the mornings. She told me this morning that she's lost 6 pounds. This, of course, did not make me happy and I threatened to buy Ensure or something. I cannot get her to eat in the morning, even though I get up with her and offer (sometimes actually do it) to make her breakfast.

We have not yet seen our Dr. as they have been closed for the past 3 days; they do not even know the results from the last beta. We will probably have the initial nurse visit next week and not see the Dr. until week 11 or 12. I have realized that the Dr. does not do ultrasound in the office, so we probably will not have many. That sucks! I am thinking back to when my sisters were having their kids, the youngest of which is 12, and Mother was an OB nurse. They got to see their babies each time they went to the Dr. My neice, who is due in May, has only had one, and our step-cousin, who is due in April, has also only had one. I guess that's pretty much the norm these days.

I'm sure we will probably go get one of those 3-D ultrasounds when we get further along; maybe two!

2 comments:

The Mother Hen said...

Just want to reassure you that the lack of appetite and weight loss is perfectly normal. I was the same way with Ethan. The body does an amazing thing when pregnant. The baby pretty much takes over and whatever it wants or doesn't want will be made known! It's the same after they're born too!! Fun! I had 1 U/S at 5 weeks to determine Gest age, then another at 20 weeks to check out everything. That was all I was scheduled for, but I eneded up with one more due to the Gest Diabetes. I didn't do the 3-D.

SJayneI said...

Thanks BerryMom! That makes me feel a little better.