Well, today our baby is 7 weeks old. We have our initial nurse visit this morning and I'm scared; mostly because of what happened to Michelle (another blogger). I really need this baby to be progressing normally and be born near the anniversary of my Mothers death. It just feels right and meant to be that way. We really do spend most of our energy focusing on the positive, but those nasty 'ol fears keep popping up now and then.
As for the guilt.............I feel really guilty when she is sick or tired or sore. I feel a little like I failed her because I couldn't get pregnant. She never wanted to be the one who carried; I did. So now, when she is having trouble getting around for work in the morning and I don't have to go to work..........I feel sooooooo bad! I'm afraid this will only get worse and I can't imagine how I'll feel in the delivery room.
I really expected to feel jealous, but didn't really expect the guilt. What's up with this?
6 comments:
Sounds like your birthday was fun. Glad you had a good time. I know what you mean about the roses for your mom. I still will have something sneak up on me ocassionaly about my dad that will make me cry. As far as the guilt, I think women feel that so much more than we need to. I understand why you feel it but hopefully it won't stop you from enjoying things either.
Maybe you dont feel guilt cause it was meant to be :-)
How did it go with the doc??
I am sending lot of sticky vibes!
I am sorry about the guilt part. Maybe it will get better instead of worse! Have you talked to Liz about it? Maybe that would help a bit.... I hope the doctor appt went well, keep us posted!
I felt guilty almost Lois' entire pregnancy because she was always sick or uncomfortable. Then, I felt jealous that she got to feel all of those things.
Then, I realized that we were in this together and that there were things I could do for her to make her feel better and make me feel more a part of the pregnancy.
I think every non-bio partner goes through all of the same emotions. You are definitely not alone!!!
Enjoy every moment you can! It will go by fast. And the morning sickness should end!
Thanks girls! Liz and I did talk about it and she understands. She doesn't feel resentful towards me, but she (half-jokingly) said that she promises nothing when it comes to delivery! :)
Thanks girls! Liz and I did talk about it and she understands. She doesn't feel resentful towards me, but she (half-jokingly) said that she promises nothing when it comes to delivery! :)
Post a Comment