As I have been wanting to make a stacked book cake for a while now, I decided to make it for my own birthday. It turned out OK, but I learned a lot and next time I will definitely use a different method (I'll post pictures later). So, I spent all day Friday working on my cake; most of the evening too with Liz' help.
I woke up Saturday morning to the sounds of my wonderful pregnant wife having her first 'real' morning sickness; it was 5 a.m.! I got up to check on her to find that the house was sparkling and most of the food ready for the cookout at 3. She'd been up since 4. She didn't want me to have to do any of it. Isn't she sweet?
So, I went back to bed and got up around 9. I got ready and went to the cemetary to take Mother her rose (for the past 8 or 9 years, I've sent her a single rose on my birthday); it was really bittersweet, so I had a good cry on the way home. I miss her so much!
Around 3 or so, people started showing up. We had about 38 people here and had a blast! The last of them didn't leave until around 9 p.m. My poor wife was exhausted!! She slept in until 11 the next day and we spent the WHOLE day lying around watching season 3 of the L-Word (Tina and Shane are on my shit-list now).
It was a good birthday! Thank you all for the well wishes!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment