This pregnancy is kickin' my butt, and I'm not even the one who's pregnant!! My lovely wife has turned into someone who is hot, cold, tired, demanding, cranky, irritated, and happy all at the same time. If I didn't love her as much as I did and know a little of how to 'handle' her, I'd probably do bodily harm. :)
In all fairness, she really is handling this well for someone who NEVER wanted nor planned to actually be pregnant. Me, I'd be oohing and awing about not feeling well (to some degree), but she hates every bit of it and is ready to fast forward to when the baby is about 2 years old. She's not keen on the helpless baby scene either.
This leads me to feeling so bad that I wasn't able to conceive. I go back to see my counselor next week and I think we really need to address it further. I know I did nothing wrong, but I keep having these thoughts in my head about what I might have been able to do. It's not fun and that makes me mad because we have been waiting for this baby for years and I really want to be able to relax and enjoy the whole 'waiting for baby' period.
We really try to live positively as well and only keep positive thoughts in our heads, so this is new and I only hope not damaging to the baby or to us.
I welcome any thoughts or words of wisdom! :)
3 comments:
I really don't have any words of wisdom.. because I have never been pregnant nor has my partner. But, does she have morning sickness? Maybe once that eases up and she starts feeling the baby, you find out the sex, etc she will really start enjoying the pregnancy!
I don't really have any words of wisdom either but hang in there. I'll be sending happy thoughts your way.
OMG! I can so relate. I will say the third trimester is much, much better. Except she feels miserable. She was pretty damn fiesty and moody during all of the first trimester and much of the second. It seemed once she start feeling worse physically she started being nicer. Go figure! Good luck!!!
BTW - LOVE THE CAKES! I love watching the cake competitions on Food Network and now it makes me think of you. You're incredibly talented!
Post a Comment