Friday, April 20, 2007

Rough Day with Cylie

Cylie, our 9-month old neice, spent the night last night and will be spending tonight as well. She has a single mom and is used to sleeping in a big bed with her mom only. Well, we do not have room for a baby in our bed especially with Liz being pregnant (and hot!), so we usually put her in the pack-n-play in our room since she is not used to being alone. Last night, she was not going to sleep in it no matter what we did. I ended up sleeping with her on the couch (she pretty much slept on my chest all night), and even then she woke up every few hours. This morning, she was in a great mood and took a decent morning nap, but this afternoon she's been a pill. She's had 4 really nasty diapers (this after her mom said she was constipated) and gas cramps to the point that she cried for almost an hour. We, then found out that her uncle (her usual babysitter) fed her a whole jar of baby food prunes yesterday. Good Grief!!!

So, she's sleeping now and I am planning on setting the air mattress in the living room tonight for me and Cylie so Liz can sleep and we can be comfortable.

I'm tired; I guess I've had a little preview of having a newborn in the house! Ahhh!!!!

2 comments:

TK said...

Hi SJayne! I think your cakes look so real! The tulips in the flower pot are one of my favs. I have missed you lately over at NW. I am going to list your blog on mine if thats ok! Congrats on the little bean. :) Tara

Dee said...

I can so relate. Before we were pregnant and our God Daughter stayed over we split the task. But, since Shelly's prego, I end up doing most of the work AND we sleep seperately. But, at least Tate and I get the bed. Shelly likes the couch because she doesn't sleep well and wants to be close to the kitchen for when her cravings hit.