Well, I survived. I think it helped that I went and got Cylie Saturday night to spend the night. I can't imagine why her mother wouldn't want to wake up with her on her first Mother's Day, but I'm glad she didn't care (I'll never figure this woman out!).
Anyway, Aunt Liz made us sleep on the sofa (actually the sofa and love seat pushed together; see previous post for details on Cylies sleep issues) and we all got a good nights sleep. We woke up, had oatmeal and berries and a good bath then went to Liz' Aunt's house for family lunch. We stopped at the cemetary on the way to leave a flower for Mother's grave (I was a wreck; no make-up by the time we got there). After lunch, Liz & I went to my BIL's mother's grave to leave a flower as well. Two cemetary trips on Mother's Day..........not fun!!!!!!!!
All in all, it was a day we survived. I remembered this morning that I had gotten a Mother's Day card for Liz, but never signed it or anything. I really wasn't in the mood for Mother's Day, I think. I really miss her!!!!!!
Next year will be better! :)
1 comment:
Glad you were able to get through it. Just think, next year you'll be celebrating with your own little one!
Post a Comment