I know I haven't really mentioned Nathan before now and I'm not really sure why. Nathan is my youngest sibling and only brother. He is 28 years old and he's mentally retarded (this is why I absolutely HATE the use of the word retarded as an insult; I will not laugh at these kinds of jokes and my skin crawls at them). He is high functioning, living in his own apartment and has a job at a local nursing home in the kitchen. He also has a girlfriend who he would like nothing more than to marry, but her family has legal custody of her and will not allow it.
Anyway, Nathan & I are very close; he even calls me Mom since I raised him after my parents divorce. He lived with me for about 10 years. He's a good-hearted, but a bit spoiled soul.
Here's a picture of he & I at Special Olympics (I'm not looking all that great!)

2 comments:
Thanks for sharing... Wow!
do wish he could marry the girl that he loves.
:o)
I hate that word too. I hope one day he can marry his girl!!!
Post a Comment