Wednesday, June 06, 2007

We took a break.........

.........from all of the Pride preparations for a scheduled OB appt. We heard the heartbeat today.......Yay! I don't know why, but this suddenly feels real. Up until now, it has kinda felt a little like playacting. I don't know if that makes sense or not. Anyway, it's beating at 140 beats per minutes (right in the middle; doesn't say boy or girl; not that it ever really does anyway). I had taken my handheld recorder to record it, but then felt a little silly so I didn't; now I kinda wish I had. OH well!!!!

We have an ultrasound scheduled for July 5th; our first one!

We are hoping they'll be able to see the sex, but we are going to ask that it be put in an envelope until the big reveal at our shower (not too thrilled about this one, but Liz really LOVES the idea).

Anyway..........back to work!! Have a great day!

6 comments:

Dee said...

OMG! I can't believe you're doing a surprise reveal. That would put me over the edge. I can't wait to hear about the US.

Jen said...

HEY! We're going to find out on July 5th too! But I ain't putting it in no envelope! heehee! I wanna KNOW!!! Yeah, it's so exciting! Congrats on hearing the heartbeat, it's amazing isn't it!?

Unknown said...

How neat that you are putting it in an envelope..that is so cool! When is your shower?

hotomiky said...

Wow.. Should be interesting to put in the envelope. I dont think I can handle but it would be fun! :o)

battynurse said...

Yay on hearing the heart beat. That is so exciting.

Holly said...

That sounds like a neat idea! I'm way too nosy, I would need to know right away.
Although, it was VERY obvious in our u/s that Andrew was a boy! LOL!
Hearing the heartbear is very cool. It does make it more real. We used to be overwhelmed by looking at the little hands in an u/s thinking "those hands are going to grasp our fingers!!"