There is now 2 4-way stop signs within a block either way from my house. There is also a controversial issue in my neighborhood. There are about 15 kids under the age of 10 with about half of those being under 3 withing an 8 house radius of me. We love this!
Next door to us lives a very sweet, but very troubled 19-year old. She drives a little more than slow going through the neighborhood. I really like this kid and I think she could use some allies in the neighborhood, but most of our neighbors (those with children) have had 'screaming fits' with this kid about her speed. I talk to her about taking extra care to be sure she goes slow, but I swear they have a built in radar detector and if she exceeds 7 miles per hour, they are screaming at her.
Perhaps, I'll feel differently about it once our child is born, but we do already have Cylie here ALL the time. I just feel that perhaps the kids should play in the backyards. Everyone of these homes have a really nice big fenced-in backyard.
I don't know, but I usually don't voice an opinion when they start trashing her. I know they are speaking from fear for their children's life. But, I also think that teenagers are the group most discriminated against in this country; everyone assumes they're up to no good.
Am I wrong? Be honest! :)
1 comment:
Is she respectful otherwise? Yes teenagers do frequently get discriminated against. Also what is considered a reasonable speed on side streets (20 mph where I'm from) may seem very fast to someone who is standing on the sidewalk. Children definitely should not be playing in the street and they should be taught to look both ways before going out into the street. Back yards are good too.
Post a Comment