Well, we had our first day of our weekend garage sale today and did quite well. I'll post all the gory details later as I know you all want to hear the excitement of sitting in the hot sun all day watching strangers rummage through your junk!
Anyway, I put a few of Mother's clothes in there and when the first set sold, I found myself tearing up. I wondered how she would have felt about her clothes being sold to the highest bidder standing in the middle of my driveway (ok, that's a bit dramatic, but....). I'd like to think that she's OK with it as we always discussed that things were things and not what we should hold onto. I really miss her!!!
So, with Mother on my mind, I got to thinking about her funeral and how they had canceled her life insurance to save money and how the funeral had to be paid with whatever cash we could all muster up (thank god for my step-father's family!). Anyway, I discovered that you can buy funeral insurance. God forbid anything should happen to anyone, but I want to be sure my loved ones are OK and don't have that last-minute scramble for cash that we had.
Thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment