Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Cranky and Snappy Show!!!

Last night............. Liz is very stressed trying to get through the last week of training at work; she has a big test on Friday that she has to pass to keep the job. She REALLY wants to keep this job.

I think I'm getting a cold and was a bit sensitive last night. We ate a yummy dinner of this and potato salad, with this for dessert. (Thank you Wendy for the link!) After dinner she was studying at the table and I was cleaning up. I was chitchatting and shouldn't have been as she WAS trying to study, but I wanted more adult conversation. She snapped at me, 'Do you think you could stop talking to me?" I clammed up, finished the kitchen and went to bed. I returned a little later for water and she asked me if I felt any better and if I had taken any medicine. I then told her that she hurt my feelings and I just wanted some adult conversation. She explained how stressed she is and we both apologized. But, I still went to bed feeling unappreciated for some reason; I'm sure it's the cold, and the fact that we NEVER normally snap at each other.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Sorry you are not feeling well. I totally understand the cranky/snappy stuff. Lois used to come home from work and tell me about her day when I was studying for the bar exam. There was a few "could you leave me alone" comments here and there and I always felt bad for hurting her feelings later.
Good luck with the test Liz!

Holly said...

BTW - both the meal and the dessert look awesome! I'm going to have to try that!

underdog said...

we might occassionally snap at one another but we started finishing things like this:

"I'm sorry. Say you're sorry."

"I'm sorry. Say you're sorry."

"OK, if you're sorry, I'm sorry. I love you."

hehehe

it takes the bolts of lightning out every time.

Unknown said...

Oh girl it happens... and you guys HAVE been under alot of stress too... so don't beat yourself up :)